How a single piece of cloth can instantly boost your mood.

Patterned tight and skirt were my uniform throughout my teens and 20's. My long legs were blank canvas for creative expression: why drape them in drab denim? Then i became a working mother and started dressing for my role instead of my soul. Rainbow striped horsery felt too frivolous for a woman who bought bulk toilet paper and rubbed elbows at chamber of commerce events. Who did take me seriously with a kaleidoscope of butterflies flitting up my legs.
But at age 42, i'm declaring a funky leg revival when i recently discovered  Pair of glittery teal tight stashed in the depth of my closet, i wore then a grant writing conference underneath a purple swing skirt. I felt like my best self. lively, gutsy, not too serious. Since then, i have traded my mom jean for tights of all persuasion. Tartan plaid, sherbet coloured stripes, lines of poetry on a field of blue. And i am happier, head to toe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE YOUNGEST TV OWNER IN AFRICA IS A NIGERIA