THE VIRAL INFECTION

The Virus of Unbelief.
Years ago a Janitor of whom I am acquainted with, Very bright, told me her plans of starting up an insurance firm. And I said ‘’ that’s fantastic, so have you worked on anything lately? I mean have you made concrete plans on how to kick start?’’  ‘’yes all plans are on ground’’. She began listing laid down strategies which sounded sensible. And after the dick and harry story I gave her a big smile with a concluding remark ‘’ that’s smart of you’’.                                                                              We lost contact due to relocation and back then there were no means of communication except through facial contact. We relocated to a three bedroom semi detached house on a new suburb. Two years later we bumped into each other in an accessories store and after the norm greetings. She began telling me about how the idea of her mind blowing insurance firm went null. ‘’you know’’ she started, ‘’ I’d kill my insurance firm’’. Now she had started talking without taking a breath for me to intrude, ‘’I had hundred reasons backed up in my brain why an insurance company would not work than for reasons why it should’’. I almost lost my grip when she finished ‘’yes you killed that dream, no one did but you’’. I paused now very disappointed then continued ‘’your plans and strategy were fantastic, excellent and was of a sound form. You failed because of a mismanaged memory’’. After our conversation I found myself muttering ‘’you a murderer, you killed it’’. Most dreams die because of the psychological viral infection called unbelief.                

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE YOUNGEST TV OWNER IN AFRICA IS A NIGERIA